Call us today - 020 8590 9220

24hr Criminal Defence Service - 07590 046 639

Call us today - 020 8590 9220

24hr Criminal Defence Service - 07590 046 639


Enabling you to forge a new life in the UK

Immigration Solicitors, Essex

Whatever your reasons for coming to live in the UK, it can be complex and stressful navigating the accompanying legal process.

At Hanson Woods Solicitors, we spend time getting to know you and your hopes for your new life, so that we can help to make them a reality.

Our immigration services


British Citizenship

For immediate assistance with your British Citizenship application, speak with our dedicated team today.


Passport & Travel Documents

We make overseas journeys easier by giving clear guidance on eligibility requirements and applications for travel documentation.

Do I need a visa to live in the UK?

It can be difficult to know what type of visa you need to move to the UK, and harder still to prove your eligibility. If you enter the UK with the wrong visa, you could be deported. You will need a visa that allows you to carry out your plans, including if you want to:

● become an investor● start a business● find employment● conduct study or research● bring your family with you

Each visa has different eligibility criteria and terms for your stay. Overstaying your visa is a criminal offence.

Are you planning to move to the UK? 

Immigration Lawyers based in Essex & East London

Call us to learn how immigration rules might affect you.


Bringing your family to the UK

Members of your family may also be eligible to come and live in the UK. The rules are complex and depend on your immigration status, where your family are moving from and what their relationship to you is.

EU Citizens

If you are an EU citizen, certain members of your family can come to live in the UK and apply for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement scheme, providing:

● you arrived in the UK on or before 31 December 2020● your relationship with your family member began by 31 December 2020 (except where your family member is a child born after this date)

Moving to the UK to be with your family

If you live outside the UK, it is usually necessary to apply for a family visa to allow you to live with a family member in the UK for longer than six months.

Securing a new life in the UK

We can help you to achieve your ambitions for a successful future here

If you have plans to relocate to the UK, we can advise you on which visa is right for you. We can support you in making a visa application and demonstrating your eligibility, and we can also assist if your visa application has been rejected or you are having difficulties arranging for family to join you here.

Hanson Woods Solicitors know that starting a new life in another country takes determination, courage and thorough preparation. We are here to help you to make the transition smoothly, with minimal stress or delay, and ensure all legal matters are attended to.

Call us

Whether you have plans to move to the UK or are already here, we can help with any queries or problems you have related to immigration law.

For qualified immigration advice in Essex, East London and the surrounding areas, speak with a member of our team today.